I found this article posting on another blog from tumblr. I am just appalled and cannot imagine how the school thought this was appropriate.
U.S. News - School on defensive after telling parents their son is gay
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/14/9447882-school-on-defensive-after-telling-parents-their-son-is-gay
“A school district in Utah is defending its decision to “out” a middle-school student as gay to his parents in light of safety and bullying concerns."
I dont understand why the school couldn't have voiced their concern about the child being bullied without disclosing to them that their son was gay. Isn't that a breach of privacy?! I understand that he was willing to share the news publicly at school, so perhaps his parents could have walked in at any time and found out that way. I am just missing the point of why the school needed to get involved in this private issue.
With all of that being said, you can't fault the school for trying to do the right thing and protect the safety of the child, however, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
No comments:
Post a Comment